Faith, Technology & The Future
Lipscomb University • August 25th • Christian Transhumanist Conference 2018
Christian Transhumanist Association
Using science & technology to participate in the work of God—
to cultivate life and renew creation.
What if religion and technology didn't have to be enemies?
What if faith and science could work together?
What if science & technology were an important part
of the Christian mission?
The Christian Transhumanist Affirmation
As members of the Christian Transhumanist Association:
1. We believe that God’s mission involves the transformation and renewal of creation including humanity, and that we are called by Christ to participate in that mission: working against illness, hunger, oppression, injustice, and death.
2. We seek growth and progress along every dimension of our humanity: spiritual, physical, emotional, mental—and at all levels: individual, community, society, world.
3. We recognize science and technology as tangible expressions of our God-given impulse to explore and discover and as a natural outgrowth of being created in the image of God.
4. We are guided by Jesus’ greatest commands to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength…and love your neighbor as yourself.”
5. We believe that the intentional use of technology, coupled with following Christ, will empower us to become more human across the scope of what it means to be creatures in the image of God.
In this way we are Christian Transhumanists.
Support the Affirmation? Join us!
Support the association, and participate in our discussion boards, email lists, and in-person meetups.