Ep 26: Philip Clayton & The Spectrum of Belief
Raised by atheists, now a theologian and philosopher, Philip Clayton joins us to discuss the messy world between doubt and belief, feeling stuck in Christianity, and being okay with unanswered questions.
- Do you find God at 6,000 feet?
- The Spectrum/Grid of Belief — occupying the liminal space between belief and doubt.
- Are you willing to escape prison, and how does that apply to belief in God?
- Thinkers referenced:
- Technophobes vs. Technophiles, and where does Christian Transhumanism fit?
- Did humans grow up to soon?
- Is your worldview raft seaworthy?
- Emergence / Neural-Darwinism
- Religious Minimalism / Minimalist Christianity
- The Future of Faith, Science & Religion
- Panentheism & Wolfhart Pannenberg
- Postmodernism vs. Modernism across disciplines
- The Precautionary principle vs the Proactionary principle
- Philip Clayton's new project: Toward Ecological Civilization (EcoCiv)
- Philip Clayton's numerous books, including Religion and Science, and The Predicament of Belief
- Philip Clayton's web site, and on Wikipedia and Huffington Post
Christian Transhumanist Podcast
- Kevin Kelly
- NT Wright
- Science Mike McHargue
- David Deutsch
- Aubrey de Grey
- Frank Tipler
- Robin Hanson
- Robert Wright
- James Hughes
- Steve Fuller
- Liz Parrish
- Thomas Jay Oord
- Greg Boyd
- Philip Clayton
- Adam Ericksen
- Christian Piatt
- Paul Wallace
- Derek Flood
- Katharine Hayhoe
- Christopher Benek
- Robert Walden Kurtz
- Calvin Mercer
- Peter Enns
- Shannon Vyff
- Ron Cole-Turner
- Meghan O'Gieblyn
The Christian Transhumanist Podcast is an editorially independent production of Micah Redding, provided here as a community resource on behalf of the CTA.