Ep 45: The Realities of Social Construction, with Sam from the Broken Book Bible Podcast
Micah Redding, Sam McConnell
Posted on 2020-08-24 20:00:00
How can we love religion when so many are hurt?
How do we describe the reality of social constructs?
Does Jesus have a personality?
What's St. Paul's social media presence?
Is God an AI?
- twitter @BrokenBookPod
- Broken Book Podcast
- twitter @micahtredding
- John Calvin
- Calvin College
- How to be human.
- Different messages from the minor prophets.
- Scripture trains you for the ambiguity of life.
- Sharing religion to expand the universe.
- Religious thought separates us from other animals.
- Logic does not have room for contradiction, but the world is all about contradictions.
- Speaking possibilities into the world.
- Religious improvisation.
- Most things exist because we have faith in them.
- Substance comes from words.
- Virtual Reality government from words.
- The most prominent things in life are constructs of imagination.
- Non-binary religion. We aren't dealing with conservative vs. progressive.
- We are, like the Trinity, multiple things at once.
- Are you a coat hanger?
- You are a trinity.
- "Jesus Christ is an excellent dinner party guest" - Sam
- Jesus' Myers-Briggs – INFJ??
- Jesus is into irony.
- "Jesus is good at saying smart things in less than 160 characters" - Sam
- Paul is Naïve.
- Humans are contradictory, nuanced beings.
- AI won't come about from logic, but from.
- "The Bible is closer to being human than the most complex super computer that we have devised" - Sam
- Libraries are a first draft at AI.
- Kevin Kelly
- NT Wright
- Science Mike McHargue
- David Deutsch
- Aubrey de Grey
- Frank Tipler
- Robin Hanson
- Robert Wright
- James Hughes
- Steve Fuller
- Liz Parrish
- Thomas Jay Oord
- Greg Boyd
- Philip Clayton
- Adam Ericksen
- Christian Piatt
- Paul Wallace
- Derek Flood
- Katharine Hayhoe
- Christopher Benek
- Robert Walden Kurtz
- Calvin Mercer
- Peter Enns
- Shannon Vyff
- Ron Cole-Turner
- Meghan O'Gieblyn
The Christian Transhumanist Podcast is an editorially independent production of Micah Redding, provided here as a community resource on behalf of the CTA.